- Tropical Fruit Growers of south Florida
http://www.redlandtrail.com - Redland trail is a easy to use map of places of interest in Redland, Homestead, FL. Check it out!
- A great site for all things lychee - Lychees Online
http://www.schneblywinery.com - The Schnebly Redland's Winery team is a constantly growing and hard working family of good people. The owners Peter and Denisse Schnebly (at right) have been living and working in South Florida for over 25 years. They are dedicated to improving South Florida and especially the Redland's area. Our retail manager, Bridget Bechelmayr handles overall management of the winery's store, including wine tastings and tours. Grant Walker (below, at right) is our webmaster and president of Liqwid Technologies. He is very active in the community and has lived here for over 20 years.
- Tropical Fruit Growers of South Florida - Florida Department
of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- Going Banana's Nursery is exclusively devoted to
growing nearly 100 varieties of banana plants and multiple cultivars
of lychee and longan trees. One of the coolest nurseries in
- Pine Island Nursery is one of south Florida's best
tropical fruit nurseries...They have a great website too!
- Gaby's Farm - We are a family run farm in South
Florida that grows exotic tropical fruit plants and makes delicious
Tropical Fruit Ice Cream! With one bite, you'll understand just how
good natural tastes. Our ice cream is made with only the best ingredients.
We know because we grow our own trees and harvest our own fruit.
http://www.kopali.com - Kopali Organics is a fair commerce organic conscious goods company that produces, markets and distributes products that are good for you, the farmers who grow them, all the people who produce and bring them to you, and the planet we all share. We started in our own off-the-grid permaculture farm in Costa Rica and are now selling in over 50 Whole Foods Market stores in the United States.
- EDIS is the Florida Cooperative Extension publications
- The USDA's web site is an great resource of information.
- FAIRCHILD TROPICAL GARDEN
is one of the world's preeminent botanic gardens, with extensive
collections of rare tropical plants including palms, cycads, flowering
trees and vines.
- The Rare Fruit Council International, Inc. is a
non-profit organization dedicated since 1955 to the introduction,
growing, and promotion of rare tropical fruit.
- The Tampa Bay Chapter of the Rare Fruit
Council International, Inc
- Thailand Flower Delivery, Bangkok Bouquets, Roses
Delivery by Flowerfeedback - Flowerfeedback: The no.1 of Thai florist
provides various choices of flowers to meet all your requirements.
We deliver flower throughout Thailand in the fastest and most trusted
at Foto Search - 684 images related to Tropical Fruit - Check
- Tom White's Zone Ten is a retail nursery and tropical
fruit grove in South Florida. Excellent photography!!!!!
- Plant Creations - 11 Acre Native & Tropical
nursery also a premier landscaping company in South Florida.
- Robert is Here is a the coolest fruit stand in
Homestead, FL make sure you visit on your way to the Everglades.
- Bamboo Grove - Over 300 unusual items from nature
(Bamboo) by Andy Firk.
- HighLand Heliconia - grower/exporters of the finest
quality Tropical Flowers and Bouquets since 1986 and pioneers in developing
this industry in Costa Rica.
Top of Page
- The largest fruit image bank on the net !
Photofruit is the first professional image bank specialized
in fruits, vegetables and nuts in their natural form. Photofruit offers
a wide range of images (8000 available on line) to illustrate your
- Heliconia Paradise - Specializing in exporting
bulbs and rhizomes (corms) of tropical ornamental plants grown in
Thailand. Concerning Heliconias in particular there is a wide range
of species and varieties available. Moreover we have a collection
of Gingers like Alpinia, Curcuma, Etlingeria, Tapeinochilus and others
on offer at wholesale prices.
- Lightwork Nursery - Fruit trees of al kinds, especially
rare and exotic, located in Sunny Sarasota, Florida.
- Mark Rieger is a Professor of Horticulture
at the University of Georgia with an excellent site about all kinds
- The Atlas of Florida Vascular Plants provides a
source of information useful to anyone who has the need to know the
distribution of plants within the state.
- Farm Photo - Excellent site for Ag related photographs
- Plant a Palm - The most through resource for the
palm and cycad on the web!
Top of Page
- During the past few years rare palm seeds has established
itself as the number one source for unusual, cold hardy and other
interesting palm seeds - some of which are not available anywhere
- Fruit Lovers MegaLinks - A nursery on the Big Island
of Hawaii, specializing in the real rare tropical fruit trees and
tropical fruit seeds.
- Richard Lyons Nursery in Homestead - You’ve been
looking for something different. You want your landscape to be something
special unique. You want to include plants that make a strong artistic
statement in your South Florida garden. What you want is at Richard
Lyons Nursery in Homestead.
-Banana Micropropagation - Micropropagate banana?
Whatever for? My plants produce lots of pups why bother? A good question,
for which there are several answers. Really good banana micropropagation
site by Keith G. Benson DVM.
- The plant tissue culture INFORMATION EXCHANGE was
started because researchers, teachers and producers world wide need
rapid access to information about plant tissue culture.
Top of Page
- The Dean Conklin Plumeria Grove is part of the
Honolulu Botanical Gardens system. It is located in Koko Crater along
the eastern side of Oahu.
- Botanique - Planning a trip? Love to garden? Enjoy
the fruits of someone else's labor? Marvel at the way the flora and
fauna co-exist naturally? Botanique lists many places that represent
the botanical gems of our planet. This site is meant to be a pleasure
to lose yourself in. Plan to return often.
- GRIN taxonomic data provide the structure and nomenclature
for the accessions of the National Plant Germplasm System (NPGS).
Many plants (37,000 taxa, 14,000 genera) are included in GRIN taxonomy,
especially economic plants.
- Banana plantations in many tropical countries use
an interesting monorail system to haul the bunches of fruit from field
to packing shed without damage, suspended on the same principle as
sides of beef are moved around butcher shops. Similar systems have
begun to spread to large-scale flower nurseries and other types of
- A website for the American Phytopathological Society (APS).
APS is an international scientific organization devoted to the study
of plant diseases and their control.
Top of Page
- Internet Directory for Botany
- A good site for mango information.
- The Nursery Report allows professionals in the nursery industry
to seek plant materials from our current client classified listings.
- Welcome to Bananaland! Here you can have lots of
fun, and even learn a thing a two about bananas and the environment.
- Durian Online (DOL)- Durian is a fruit: a big,
green thorny fruit. But wait, it is not just another exotic and expensive
fruit from South East Asia. In fact, it is considered "King of the
Fruit" throughout the region.
Top of Page
- Very nice site with informative articles about tropical gardening.
- Large site with so much information that you have to check it out
- The Harold L. Lyon Arboretum coordinates, facilitates,
and executes research, instruction, and service activities that utilize
its collections and resources. Its major emphases are tropical plants,
native Hawaiian plants, conservation biology, and Hawaiian ethnobotany.
- I Love Plants - Gardner's guide to the internet.
- Agri Surf - Huge Ag site with tons of links
- This site contains information on Mangoes from the Northern
- Tropical Plants Library Online
- A private little Tropical Fruit Garden on the little Canary
Island La Gomera, and a bit more, and you may copy all information.
- Garden of Delights - South Florida nursery web
site devoted to various tropical fruits by Murray Corman
- Peter's fruit page - Very well done site with a
through links section to many tropical fruit sources by Peter.
- The PLANTS Database is a single source of standardized
information about plants. This database focuses on vascular plants,
mosses, liverworts, hornworts, and lichens of the U.S. and its territories.
- Business of Bananas - Join Peter Essick as he documents
the cultural, environmental and social impact of the banana business.
- Origins and importance of banana as a food crop
- The most important disease of a most important fruit. Prepared by
Dr. Randy Ploetz, Tropical Research and Education Center, University
of Florida, IFAS
Top of Page
- Bromeliad Society International - The purposes
of this society are to promote and maintain public and scientific
interest in the research, development, preservation, and distribution
of bromeliads, both natural and hybrid, throughout the world, and
to promote fellowship.
- Fruit and Nut Research Center - The Center consists
of all University of California (UC) personnel with work related to
the production of fruit and nut crops. UC has faculty from several
departments at three universities (Davis, Riverside, and Berkeley)
conducting research related to the environmental and economic sustainability
of California fruit and nut crops.
Top of Page
Tropical Garden of Eden on Australia's Gold Coast.
- The goal is to keep in touch, share ideas and develop new experiences
on the Internet. I live in Del Mar, North of La Jolla and 20 miles
North of San Diego Tropical fruit pictures.
- Great fruit pictures and a wealth of information.
- The Tropical Flowering Tree Society is dedicated
to bringing color into the world in the form of growing, flowering
trees. We meet once a month at Fairchild Tropical Garden, Miami, Florida,
USA and have planned events throughout the year.
- The Fruit Pages - Over 100 pages of Fruit Information!
Top of Page